Thats right, you heard it. Chickens are running loose in Downtown Salt Lake City!! Well, pretty darn close!
A few weeks ago Richard and I were outside getting ready to leave our house. As usual Ruthie was outside with us helping load the diaper bag etc (haha) Well all the sudden I hear "B-B-B-BOCK! - cluck, cluck, cluck" and then "RUFF RUFF RUFF!" I look over and Ruthie is running twoards the bushes in our backyard. All of the sudden three chicken are in my sight! Well the first thing I think is "oh no! Those things are going to kill my dog!" Seriously, these chicken are twice Ruthies size atleast. They are some of the biggest chickens I have ever seen!
After Ruthie cornered the smallest of the three, Richard walked over and picked her up so the chicken could get away. So they ran across the street into the park. We put Ruthie inside and left. That was the last I saw of them.
UNTIL TODAY!
Today Ruthie was tied up on the sprinkler so she couldn't run off and get impregnated by a Dirty Mexican dog. (thats right, she's in heat) Suddenly I heard the somewhat fimilar soud: "cluck cluck" then little feet running across grass. I look over in the backyard again and our neighbors are chasing the same chickens! By the time I saw the neighbors the chickens were already around the house. They asked us where they went and we just pointed.
So helop me! That better be the last of those chickens in our yard!

1 comment:
Those chickens were out the other day when I was getting in my car to leave. Lets be honest, I was a little scared! They would eat Ruthie for a bed-time snack!
Post a Comment