Here's the skinny: I want to try to live off of $250 worth of groceries this month. $250 for the ENTIRE month of July. (technically it started this week because we got paid this week, I will continue until two paychecks from now on $250) This is only for food. No diapers, deodorant, face wash etc. My plan of attack? Farmers market, Sunflower Farmers market & Harmons. I have clipped some coupons and have some meals planned out for the next couple weeks. Also, no dining away from home. That is going to be the hard part. I have a hard time saying no if I don't have to cook that day. But, Rich & I have worked it out so I cook and he helps clean up. Which is nice and saves me a lot of work and stress. This also means that I have to go to the store alone. Rich and I are horrible shoppers together and there is also NO way I am sending him to the store alone.... Think I can do it? Lets find out...
This week I went to the store for the first time on my new budget.. I got enough food to last for a week and a half. (Meat, cheese, Bread etc) I went to Harmons and Sunflower Farmers Market. I spent $81 between the two stores. I was amazed at how well I did. :)
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think you can, I think you can, I think you can...
Let me know how this works out. I think I spend the most on rent, and then the second most on food. It's hard cooking for 1 so I eat out a lot, but I wish I ate at home more - it's cheaper and healthier!
Good luck!
Wow good for you. that is a great goal! you'll have to share you meal plans and grocery lists with me so I can copy you!! Let me know how it all works out!
Oh man, this is so hard but totally worth it. We are in the same boat, so I've got your back!
Great plan! It is really hard to not eat out alot. I do better if I start preparing for dinner right after lunch before I'm tired and totally stressed out with grumpy kids in the afternoon. You have inspired me to do better. I am going to try and plan a weeks menu only from the grocery ad sale items and stick to a list. I tend to buy according to cravings, and that leads to buying too much junk, which leads to eating too much junk. I also can't shop with Rhett (or kids) helping me!
Post a Comment