Thursday I had my second little baby boy, Micah.
It started out Monday when I still wasn't in labor and was coming up on 42 weeks pregnant. Since I was giving birth in a birth center I needed to be in labor by 42 weeks to avoid being transferred to the hospital for a medical induction.
So starting Monday morning we started natural ways to induce labor. We did different things every day until Thursday I was dilated to a 6 by noon and having contractions but nothing serious. We were planning on breaking my water that day so I went home to rest and came back to the birth center around 5:30p. By 5:45p my water had been broken & active labor started shortly after that. I decided to labor in the tub but by the time I got in I was already feeling like I needed to push. So I did. Everything went so fast, I was in active labor for about 2 hours and pushed for about 10-15 minutes. Micah's head got stuck behind my cervix so the midwife had to move it out of the way. Then after his head was out he got stuck AGAIN but with one really hard push and with my midwife's help we got him out.
Labor, I may look calm but I was freaking out inside. haha
After getting in the tub, Rich helped by holding my feet with his and keeping me comfortable (as comfy as one gets pushing a baby out)
Pushing. This is a shot of me not screaming.
Baby Micah, finally here.
Daddy holding Micah
9lbs 3oz, 20 inches long. My big baby.









1 comment:
I'm so glad everything worked out! He's such a cute little guy.
Post a Comment