Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cupcake Challenge

Today Katherine and I went on a baking spree. We were baking cupcakes for Gus' blessing and we could not decide on a flavor to make. So we made SIX different kinds... Lemon Blueberry, Lemon Cream, Pink Lemonaide, Key Lime, Black Forest and Chocolate Peanut Butter. The plan was to use just three cake mixes and cut the recipes in half for each one. Well we knew that would end in disaster so we were very careful not to mess up... I started with the Key Lime... I was really cautious not to mess up... But I did anyway. I put too much sweetened condensed milk in. But they still turned out okay, luckily. Katherine mixed the pink lemonaide flawlessly (thats what she wants us to believe, haha) Next I did the lemon blueberry... Flawless... Except for I forgot to put the filling in the middle. Don't worry though, Katherine put the filling on the top so it would sink down as it cooked. They did sink but they also were overfilled because we neglected to take any batter out before we added the filling to the top... We are champs. Katherine mixed the lemon cream perfectly. (once again, thats what she wants us to believe!!!!) Then I did the two chocolate flavors.. I did well. No major problems.

Next we mixed up the frostings.... They were Chocolate Ganache, Lemon Cream, Pink Lemonaide, Peanut Butter and Whipped Cream. They were delicious! We did have some trouble with those but I wont go into that. I'll just say this again, WE ARE CHAMPS!

Needless to say I probably wont be baking again for a while. Although I do want to make more cupcakes out of the book we used to make these six delicious flavors!

Here are some pictures so you can see what I am talking about.... (you can click on the pictures to see them full size)











4 comments:

Shiv said...

Those look amazing. You guys are so talented!

Katherine said...

We should bake again! I need a good laugh... :)

Sharifa said...

Thank you!

Yes we should, that was ridiculously hilarious!

Diana Dye said...

Hi, I'm just blog spying. I'm Katherine and Rich's cousin Diana. I think we may have met at her wedding shower or maybe at a family reunion??? Your little boy is sooooo cute! And your cupcakes are making me hungry!