Due to a series of events I wanted to find the answer to lifes question.. "Why is a 'sweater' called a 'sweater'?" (thats right, LIFE'S question! lol) As I was searching this mind boggling question online I came across a Wikipedia site all about sweaters. That site linked me to this site. Yet another Wikipedia site about the "Sweater Curse".
What is the sweater curse? it is "a situation in which a knitter gives a hand-knit sweater to a significant other, who quickly breaks upwith the knitter" ...Usually before the knitter even gives them the sweater!!!! (hilarious)
For some reason it reminded me of this dumb girl I hung out with in high school. She was dumb enough to knit someone a sweater..
Seriously, who does that?
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Maybe that is why I am still single, I haven't been looking for someone who knows how to knit...
I think you should knit someone a sweater... Maybe it will have the opposite effect on you... :P
Post a Comment