Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A New Nair Experience...


Ever since I saw the new Nair product that you can use in the shower I've been wanting to try it. When I was in Walmart yesterday I finally looked at it and to my surprise it was only five dollars! Needless to say, I bought it. When I got home I decided to go ahead and try it rather than wait until the next day. When I opened the package and read the directions it was very clear that you had to put the product on before getting into the shower. So thats exactly what I did. I followed the directions very closely and applied the product onto my legs with the green and white sponge. (using the green side, as per the instructions) As I finished my left leg, which is the leg that I started with I realized that there may NOT be enough to finish both legs. I thought to myself "no wonder it was only $5....." I managed to squeeze out enough to finish both legs. I waited one minute to get into the shower. Then the 2 minutes IN the shower. This is when I took the white side of the sponge and rubbed a small part to see if the hair was coming off... It wasn't. So I waited another two minutes. (According to the instructions you CANNOT leave it on longer than ten minutes) After the second two minutes I rubbed another spot to see if it had come off.. Still nothing. So I waited another two minutes. During this two minutes I thought again to myself: "five dollars.. crappy.. I'm just going to rub it all off this time"... Thats exactly what I did. And of course, only a little came off. About a minute later I realized that my legs were on FIRE!!! Not literally of course, thats pretty much impossible when you are completely soaked with shower water. My legs were burning.. I turned the water a little colder to put out the "flame". It felt a little better but now they weren't just burning they were itching too!


Let me stop here for a minute to say that I have used nair before and it has worked well. But the smell of the chemicals was gross so I only did it a few times before. That is why I wanted to try the shower one.. "Hello!! It just rinses off?! Yay!" .....


Ok now to continue with my story.. Itching.. So I scrubbed my legs hard with the sponge. It felt SO good. Between the scrubbing and the cold water it felt real nice. I looked and I realized that as I was scrubbing the hair was coming off too!!! I was sooo happy!! But I was still a little angry that I had to scrub my itchy, burning legs to get the hair to come off.... The things girls go through....


When I got out of the shower my legs were still burning and itchy and now red! I patted my legs dry as per the instructions once again. After this i just got into bed to try to go to sleep even though my legs were still burning and itching. I decided that having blankets on would probably feel good. WRONG. So wrong. It made my legs burn even worse. So after about ten minutes of suffering I went out into the livingroom and got an icepack. At this point only a few spots on my legs were burning. "Where?" You ask? Right above my knee on the inside, outer calf and right above my feet. Thats where I put the ice. I sat there for about 20 minutes alternating where the ice packs were. Finally I started feeling better so I went to bed.


This morning when I got up my legs were fine. Except they are still bright red and my knee's itch. But they are HAIRLESS!! ... well almost. There are a few places that it didn't work but it almost did so I am happy.... Other than my suffering. I'm going to stick with shaving from now on...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL remember kelly???