Monday, November 16, 2009

Hib

Today my baby got his first vaccine ever. Luckily we found a really great doctor who works with us with the vaccines. Amir got the Hib vaccine. (http://www.vaccineinformation.org/hib/) He was such a good sport about it. Before the nurse came in to administer it I told him that it was going to hurt but I would get him some fries after. So when the nurse came in he said "hurt?" and she told him that it would hurt but not for very long. We laid him down on the table and she stuck the needle in his thigh for two seconds (literally) and then it was over. Amir didn't cry or anything. He just whispered "owe" when the needle first came in and as we were walking out. She gave him a Ming Ming sticker and a Spiderman bandaid so it was all better. On the ride home he complained about some pain but when we got to my mom's house we gave him some children's tylenol and then he was fine.

After the tylenol wore off he complained a little more and the injection site was red and swollen and he had a slight fever so we gave him some more tylenol. Now he's back to his old self getting into the cat littler and chasing the cats. I'm guessing that he reacts to vaccines the same way I did so he should be pain free in a couple of days. We go back in two months for the DTaP.

Like I said, our doctor is really great and we have an awesome schedule lined up for his vaccines.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

That's great! I'm glad your doctor is so willing to work with you. It scares me to give babies so many vaccines when they are tiny. :(