Monday, August 3, 2009

Desert Hot Springs Trip Day 1

We left for Palm Springs yesterday morning. The flight was great. It was a really short flight so of course Amir did pretty good. Although I think the reason he did good was that I had my laptop with movies (Finding Nemo) on it.

When we arrived it was about 100 degrees outside. In the Palm Springs Airport once you leave the gate you have to walk outside about 7 minutes to get to baggage claim/passenger pickup. I thought it was going to be terrible but even though it was 100 degrees it did not feel that hot. It also didn't feel as hot as it was in SLC when it was 90 degrees!! I don't think the sun feels as burney on the skin as it does in SL.

My grandma bought a house in Desert Hot Springs and that is where we are staying. Its one of those houses where the owners ended up not being able to pay the payments and so when they left they took all the appliances, cabinent knobs etc. There is only a little fridge (the kind you would see in a college dorm) and we have 6 adults, 1 teen, 1 kid and 2 toddlers... All using the tiny fridge!! We are using a cooler to keep drinks cool. So we have to go get ice atleast once a day. I forgot to pick up ice yesterday afternoon so there hasn't been ice in the cooler for a while... Oops!

Its now 6:30 am local time of day 2 of our trip. My sisters dumb dog woke Amir up at 5:30 am... Luckily there is coffee.

1 comment:

Shiv said...

I think I spent a day in Desert Hot Springs doing service... We had to wear these bright yellow shirts... Ahh, the memories. Are you going up the Palm Springs Tram? That's pretty fun - we hiked the montain and there was a freak snow storm - it was the middle of July, 7 years ago. I hope you are having lots of fun!!