Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Desert Hot Springs Trip Day 3 & 4

Day 3

Not much happened on the third day. Other than I was THIS close to killing everyone.


Day 4

Beach day!
My mom, brother, sister, Amir and I decided to go to the beach. The day started out pretty rough, most days start out rough around here. (I'm sure you've noticed) We headed out the door at about 8:30am... Our goal was to be gone by 8am. I was driving and my mom was my co-pilot giving me directions. Well during the first 30 minutes of the drive my mom was dealing with the drama at the house because we didn't take my little cousin (who is 7) because we took my grandmas car. It only seats 5 so there was no extra room at all. Back to the drive, my mom told me to get on the freeway and go LEFT. Long story short we were supposed to go right on the freeway not left. I drove for about 30 minutes before I realized that we were going in the wrong direction. That set us an extra hour behind.

After we got back on track it was a 2 hour drive to Huntington Beach. This beach was awesome!!! Amir loved it. I will post pictures when we get home.

I drove 1/2 way to the beach and my brother drove the other 1/2. Then I drove the first 1/2 on the way back and my mom drove the other 1/2. I think this is the first time EVER that I have seen my mom drive outside of Utah. She is a big wussy when it comes to that kind of stuff. The fact that she came out of the 'Bubble' known as 'Utah' was huge.

The drive back from the beach was much more pleasant than the drive there. On the way there I was so angry that everything made my insides twist with anger. The drive back everyone was laughing, we went to Jack In The Box and it was YUMMY! We tried to find an In and Out but we passed two without even knowing they were there until it was too late. We hit traffic too, I will post pictures of that as well. I swear, if I was more than 6 inches from the person in front of us someone would somehow squeeze their way into my lane! Everyone thinks I would fit in well here with the driving. :)

We got back to the house about 8pm. Everyone is grumpy here. My mood from the car ride home hasn't changed. Well, that is a lie, it has changed slightly but only because I cant laugh so hard now that I might pee/snort.


Today was a good day. (mostly) But I cant wait to go home tomorrow!!

No comments: