We started another project today. That's right, ANOTHER. Remodeling the bathroom was not enough for us! We have moved on to the basement! Today with the help of Mason and Caden, we moved everything out of the stink room and ripped up the carpet and knocked a partial hole in the wall. So far the plan is to make it into a little "bar" type thing.
For those of you who don't know what the stink room is I will explain... The stink room is the spare bedroom in the basement that has (or had) carpet. It was stinky because Jasper used that as his potty before we got the doggy door and before he was potty trained. He's still not fully potty trained so we lock both dogs in the basement while we are gone/at night. From the basement they can get to the doggy door. In a nutshell: The room reeked of dog.
Anyway, the plan for the basement is this: Knock out the closet and the wall and make it into more living space in the basement.. We have more plans for the basement but for now, that is all we are taking on. But we also have to put tile down in the room where we tore up the carpet. That's right, I talked Rich into doing full tile! I'm really excited.
Funny side story: Like I said we had Mason and Caden (Rich's nephews) over and they helped us pull the carpet up and knock out the wall. There were some injuries along the way. First, Mason wanted to punch a hole in the wall. We let him and eventually he cut his hand open. Then he wanted to jump kick the wall, again we let him and instead of jump kicking it he jumped straight up and hit his head on the ceiling and landed on the ground. Then, Caden was pulling up the little peices of wood that have the nails in it to hold the carpet in place... One flew up and hit him right under the eye. THEN, Mason was hammering a nail and somehow got his finger caught between the nail and the hammer. It cut it open and blood sprayed out. I have to restock my bandaids!
This project is going to take a lot longer than the bathroom. But I think its going to turn out really awesome! Here are some pictures so far of the progress:
After pulling up the carpet.
Wall, before.
Closet
Wall, after. Looking out into the living area.
Wall, after. Looking into the stink room.
The three paint colors... Macchiato, Elephant Skin, Roasted Nuts. We cant decide which we like best for the walls. I think we will probably go with Roasted Nuts..

2 comments:
Seriously, the paint color is "Roasted Nuts"?!?! I think I seriously missed my calling in life.... I was born to name paint colors. :)
I'm glad no one has been mortally injured (yet) in the undertaking of this project. But just in case, you might want to buy some bigger band-aids...
Ditto everything Katherine said!
Post a Comment