Monday, May 17, 2010

Dilemma

We are faced with a choice. One we knew was coming but we are still completely unprepared for it. Daphne (our female cat) is in heat & Tiger (our male cat) is trying to mate with her. They are now 8 months old & we never had them fixed. Obviously. So I called the vet today and made them an appointment for tomorrow. For both of them its going to be at least $300. Not to mention recovery time and cost for pain medication. 


So our choices are: 
Keep them & pay the $300. This is not ideal, we don't exactly have the money to do this... Hence the reason we've put off fixing them in the first place. I would like to keep them but there is no way we can when they are not fixed. In fact, I think Daphne is out getting knocked up as we speak...


Give them away to someone via KSL or wherever This is also not ideal, giving them to someone for free could be giving them to anyone, crazy cat killers.. People who sacrifice animals for whatever reason... That thought scares me. But there is also a possibility that they could get a home together... But still.. Cat killers...


or,
Give them to the Humane Society Ideal, but makes me feel severely guilty. Why? Because we have had them for the first 8 months of their lives. We are all they know. But with the humane society there are less crazies since they have to pay for them. Which is nice. There is a small fee to take them there but I think it would be worth it.




Needless to say, I have a lot of thinking to do. I also need to cancel their appointment for tomorrow because paying that much for them is completely out of the question at this point. Writing it out helped me realize that. I love blogging.

3 comments:

Lamb said...

hummm this IS a tough decision, I would do KSL or Humane Society... I think these are both really good choices! Let me know what you decide. Now I am curious...

Katherine said...

Oh man, let's just hope she isn't already knocked up!

Darren and Mandi said...

Ha ha out getting knocked up right now... classic. lol sorry about the delema. If my landlord would let us have pets I would totally take one, Tray would love it. I will let you know if I hear of anyone looking for a kitty. Best of luck!