Thursday, December 31, 2009

Where is 2009?

A lot has happened this year. Its crazy to think that it is almost over!! Lets see... In 2009 we:


  1. Got settled into our house. Yes, we bought it in 2008 but didn't move in until just before Christmas.... So everything officially settled down in 2009.
  2. I got a promotion at my job.
  3. Richard still likes his job.
  4. Katherine got married.
  5. I quit my job.
  6. We squeaked by another year of fireworks on Independence Day without injury or much hair loss.
  7. We had several BBQ's and fires in our backyard (Note: fire pit)
  8. I traveled to California twice... Texas once.
  9. Richard traveled twice to foreign countries with his job.
  10. We rearranged Amir's room, twice.
  11. We remodeled the bathroom and the livingroom downstairs.
  12. We turned the upstairs living room into the dining room/common room.
  13. We fixed our yard so it doesn't look like a bunch of dead beat crazies live here anymore.
  14. We got another dog, Jasper.
  15. We dressed up for Halloween. (FINALLY!)
  16. Richard and I both turned 23.
  17. Amir and Ruthie turned 2.
  18. Jasper turned 1.
  19. We rescued two kittens. And we still have them.
  20. We got fish.
  21. Some fish died.
  22. Katherine had a baby!
  23. We were finally able to split Christmas between the families. It was rough, but we made it work.
  24. I kept my blog updated most of the time!
  25. I started a home school preschool with Amir... Even though I failed to record it on the blog I made for it. We still did it!
  26. We got new bedroom furniture.
  27. We got a new entertainment setup.
  28. Rich actually took some time off! A miracle has occurred this year!
  29. I successfully completed another two semesters of school.
  30. I made home made Christmas goodies for friends and family as gifts... Yes from SCRATCH!
The thing I enjoyed most is Amir's funny antics... Most recent is scooting around the floor on his bum saying "I a crab!" My cute love!

Yep it was a busy year. I, of course couldn't figure out the order of the accomplishments this year so they are all over the place. Hopefully 2010 will be just as great and maybe, just maybe the basement will be finished!!! WOO!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I love that I made your list TWICE! Go me!!! Ha ha ha. I agree, 2009 was a pretty busy year.