Thursday, December 3, 2009

Home Made!

I'm not the type of person to sew well, anything. But this year I decided to try and make Amir a few things for Christmas.... First I made a hooded towel.
[hood]
The blue & green one is for Amir

and the brown & green is for another child who cannot be named because I know his mom reads my blog occasionally ;)

Next I made him a zippered bag. Its for his train set that he got for his birthday. Notice the trains on it? The other side that you cant see has Thomas on it. He loves Thomas.

I also want to make him one more Activity bag & a crayon holder to go in the bag. I have to use the sewing machine at my mom's house & I don't get there often nor do I have a lot of time to cut the fabric. Its easy to sit here and blog because Amir doesn't bother me but the second the scissors come out... Its all over. *sigh*

4 comments:

Shiv said...

That's awesome that you are making things yourself. I'm not sure I would attempt to sew anything for someone else - unless it was purely straight lines, I think I could handle that :)

Sharifa said...

It was pretty much just straight lines. Except I didn't know how to sew on a zipper so I was wingin' it... I turned out alright but its not perfect. haha

laurie_lu said...

Awesome job! :)

Katherine said...

Um, don't you have a sewing machine?