Wednesday, April 7, 2010

3 Years Down....

...A million more to go - Yes we made it to year three somewhat intact!
Yesterday was mine and Rich's three year anniversary. Can you believe it? I hardly can. It feels like forever but not... I don't know if that makes any sense at all. Ha!
The day started out pretty slow and normal. Amir and I hung out at home and Rich went to work. I got absolutely nothing done so my house was a mess and the car seat had vomit all over it from the night before. (Amir threw up in the car on the drive home, by the time we got home it was too late so we just went to bed and then I never got to it) Then around 2:30 in the afternoon after watching an episode of Chuggington there was a slightly angry and disturbing knock on the back door. It was Katherine (Richard's sister) .. Apparently she had been pounding on the front door but I couldn't hear it. Our doorbell is retarded and I cant hear knocking from downstairs. lol. Katherine and her mama were picking up Amir! I had NO idea they were coming so my house was a disaster zone. Plus the previous mentioned state of the car seat.
After they took Amir, Rich called me and told me that I had a massage scheduled (can you say best husband ever?) I had to hurry over there to make my appointment. It was AMAZING... I don't think I was really fit to drive after... I was in a half dream state, it was awesome. That is something I have to do more often!
When I got home Rich was already there! I got home a little after 4:30p... Needless to say, Rich getting off earlier than 5 is a miracle in itself! He had cleaned up the house a little bit and had plans to go to dinner. We went to Johnny Carino's (I may have misspelled that) That was the place I suggested we go for our first date but it never happened. So almost 4 years later, we went!! The food was alright, but our waitress must have been new. She was forgetful, I felt bad for her.
Rich also bought me a necklace! Here's a pic:


(Poor quality photo, I took it with my phone)

After dinner we went and picked up a cheese cake from the cheesecake factory then went up to Rich's parents house to pick up Amir. We were planning on him spending the night up there but I have a hard time staying away from him overnight so we had to pick him up. Bigger bonus: The car seat was CLEAN! THANK YOU Katherine and Evelyn.. Lifesavers. 

Goal for the year.. Make it to the next anniversary in one piece. Ha ha ha.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I'm glad you had a great anniversary, your necklace is beautiful!

You totally owe me (and my mama)... sometimes I still think I can smell vomit on my hands... :)

Sharifa said...

Thanks.
Yes, I totally do owe you guys! The part that grosses me out the most is the vomit soup that was on the bottom. Gross! Just thinking about it makes me want to throw up.