So I was at the gym yesterday and I witnessed one of the funniest things ever. But it was also one of the saddest and I feel kind of bad for the guy this happened to....
I usually go in the "women's only" area... Not this time. I decided to venture out and so I could plug my headphones in and watch some TV on those little screens that they have on some of the machines... I was on one of the bikes in the very back and this person two rows up caught my eye. He was a younger guy, he had some pretty big muscles... He was really really REALLY ripped. And no, I did not notice him for the reasons your thinking of or probably the obvious reasons that I just mentioned. He was on a treadmill and I noticed him because his phone started ringing really loud. I'm talking, unusually loud. So loud that everyone turned to look to see where the horrible screeching phone noise was coming from. When he realized that everyone was looking at him and that it was HIS phone ringing he began to fumble around in his gym short pockets to get his phone. He was fumbling so hard for it (obviously embarrassed) that his shorts came partially off. Now, I don't know how this happened. It could have been because he was running and must not have had his draw strings tight or it could have been the combination of running somewhat fast and both hands in each pocket.. No one will ever know. Anyway, they came partially down so you could see his red boxer briefs (that's right, red to match his red shorts) but not enough to where you could see any of his bare leg... At this point his only concern was to pull his shorts back up to where they were supposed to be. At this point, his phone had stopped ringing but another loud sound came from his shorts. It was just three loud beeps that must indicate a voice mail. He got his pants back up and went to go for his phone for a second time and it began ringing again. This time, instead of not being able to get his phone due to his pants falling down he stumbles and falls to the ground. And when I saw ground I mean the treadmill ground. His phone still ringing.
Everyone within a 5 foot radius jumped off whatever they were doing to help him and see if he was okay. I stayed where I was and continued what I was doing. I was a good ways away from him but I had the perfect view of everything that was happening. Don't worry, had he not been okay or if there was any blood I would have been a little worried. But he was fine. He got up, went to the locker room and came back within ten minutes to continue his run on the same machine.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha ha ha, I love it! It reminds me of the time I was trying to read a magazine while running on a treadmill... I didn't go completely down, but I did a 360...
Post a Comment