Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DIY Home, Part II

DIY Continued....

Homemade Bar soap

I got the recipe here. I used about 20 drops of essential oil but it was not enough. I will use at least double next time!


 I did about 80% EVOO and 20% Coconut oil. Next time I will use more coconut oil!


I looked into soap molds, they are really pricey. So I just took a page out of Jillee's book and used an old Tupperware container.



Tada! 


Next was Homemade Diaper Rash Cream



I usually just use Tea Tree Oil & Coconut oil mixed together straight in the container. But then I decided to do a mixture of that, Baby Soap & Distilled water in a little spray bottle. No bum touching & it works like a charm!!!

*Note: During warm months I didn't have to do anything to it but give it a little shake before spraying it on. During colder months it has to be warmed a little. Running it under hot water works great or just store it next to a heat vent ;)


No comments: