Monday, April 1, 2013

Chocolate "Lava" Cupcakes

For these Lava Cupcakes I used a really easy recipe for chocolate truffles! You pretty much just make a Chocolate Ganache and put it in the fridge over night. 

1 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
Bring the cream to almost a boil and pour over the chocolate chips. Whisk until chocolate is melted and combined into a thick looking chocolate. Cover & put in the fridge overnight. 

The next day get a cup of hot water and a rounded tsp measuring spoon or melon baller. I used the tsp because I don't have a melon baller, but it bent my measuring spoon so next time I think I'll just go get the melon baller. Scoop the chocolate out into balls and put on wax paper. 


While I scooped the chocolate I preheated the over for the Devils Food Cupcake recipe.

 Fill the cupcake liners about half full and place the truffles in the center and push down slightly. Bake according to the directions and let cool.


Whipped topping on these is AMAZING. 



No comments: