Thursday, October 22, 2009

Charger Saga....

I thought that some of you would like to know the continuation of the "Lame Day" post.... Since when I wrote the . post I still didn't have a charger for my phone. Well now I do and here is the story of how I finally got it...

The day after the accident Rich took the car to work because he had to go in early. So I was stuck at home until about 1pm when my mom picked me up to go to Costco to order Amir's birthday cake and go to my sisters dance class. We went to Costco first and ordered the cake. Its a super cute cake! (there will be pictures of his party after Saturday) Then we went to the Murray At&t store, this is the original store that I paid for the charger & where the man at the Brickyard store said he would drop the item off first thing in the morning. I walked into the store and it was the same man as the day before and he was helping someone else. He told me that it would be a few minutes unless there was something quick he could help me with. I explained that the person at the Brickyard store was going to drop the charger off there first thing in the morning blah blah blah and showed him my receipt. You know, the one that he gave me not even 24 hours before this. He didn't remember me and he said "OK" and continued doing whatever he was doing on the computer for the customers before me. So I waited..... And waited...... AAAANNND waited.... Finally after a while of waiting I asked him if the charger was even dropped off at his store. He looked at me with an annoyed look and he said "no, they must have forgot" ..... After that I asked him to just give me my money back for it and I would go somewhere else to get it. He said that he would after he finished with the people before me. So I waited again.... And waited... AAAANNND waited... I told him that I would need to leave and he said that I would have to come back later for the refund or go to the Fashion Place mall for the charger. I told him that I would come back for the refund (LAME!!) All I have to say is TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Anyway I went to my sisters class and then on the way home just stopped at the Fashion Place mall to get my effing charger. I was in and out really fast. On the way home I opened it to make sure that it actually worked. It didn't work in my mom's cigarette lighter so I thought maybe it was her car that had the problems and not the charger. At least that's what I hoped. When I got home I plugged it into a outlet and it made a weird sound. & it didn't charge. But when I plugged the cord into my laptop it worked just fine. UGH!
I asked my mom if I could take her car BACK to fashion place mall to exchange it. I was FURIOUS at this point. I called them to make sure that they had another one and that they had a way to test it. When I got there the apologized etc etc etc and tested the new one. It worked.
Finally at about 7 pm I had a charger. Yes, my phone was completely dead!

The End.


By the way, we found some kittens in the street yesterday!! They are so cute!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

You have all the luck. :)

Shiv said...

I am glad you finally got a working charger. There is almost nothing more frustrating than having a phone and not being able to use it.

But, did you know you can get a bananagrams app for the iPhone? If I had one, I would totally play that all the time.