
We live in a not so great area of Salt Lake. Our house is located right across the street from a park and the Jordan River is just west of our house within walking distance. We have a dog, Ruthie. She is a little crazy dog. She rarely runs off and the only time she does is to go visit a person she can see. Usually a stranger. So the other day I let her out with her leash on. Usually when she has her leash on she stays around even when I don't hold onto her. Well across the street in the park there was a homeless person sitting by a tree. The second I saw him I knew what was going to happen so I called Ruthie. She noticed where I was looking and looked over in that direction. She saw the bum. She started booking in towards him. So of course I started running after her. She got about half way to him and stopped to look at the chickens in the neighbors yard. Then she saw me running for her and started off towards the bum again. Well I didn't want to get too close because you never know what could happen. So I stopped and right when I stopped she looked back at me (she's even closer to the bum at this point) then she looks back at the bum, wimpers and runs back to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment