Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Audition


I occasionally go to various auditions in hopes of getting some sort of extra cash by getting the part. I wen't to an audition today for a rising sitcom. I had my sides but I didn't get them until yesterday so I only got a chance to look at them breifly before I went into the audition. When I got there, I read the first part with some wack-o girl. There were two different scenes that I was supposed to read. The first, was just between "Hailey" and "Stacey". I read Hailey. We got through that short scene fairly quickly but I noticed something odd about the script but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then we moved onto the next scene where it required four people, two males - "Pete" and "Justin". This was a longer scene. Pretty much what was happening in this scene was: Stacey and Hailey are roommates and Pete was a good friend. I'm assuming it was a college setting. Pete came over with his new roommate Justin.. Well Justin had an instant attraction to Hailey but seemed to be the shy type. After a moment they boys were invited to some volleyball game. They both declined and Justin left the scene first.. Here is where I finally figured out what was weird about the scene... IT WAS A MORMON SITCOM!!!

No comments: