Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Mayan Adventure

We ate dinner at the Mayan at Jordan Commons the other night. I have to admit, it was the dining adventure I will never forget.... Our servers name was Jon. Not Bob, not James, not even Bill... It was JON. The reason I know this is because he told us.. Twice. That and he had a name tag that read: Jon. It could have been spelled J-O-H-N but I wasn't paying attention to the spelling. So I'm going with J-O-N.

Johnny boy was the ULTIMATE winner. He took about 10 minutes to actually come over and take our drink order after introducing himself. By then we were also ready to order our food so we did that when we ordered our drinks. We had three regular coke's, one diet coke and a raspberry smoothie. Not a hard thing to remember right? Well after taking our order he asked Rich (who had a regular coke and the raspberry smoothie) "You had a.......Coke? and a........................................................................." Rich: "raspberry smoothie"
Until this point I was able to hold my laughter in while he was standing near our table. When this happened tears welled up in my eyes and a smile crossed my face and there was a tightness in my chest from trying semi-unsucessfully to hold in my laughter.

When Jon brought us our drinks he called them out as he set them down: "Regoolar, regoolar, diet, regoolar and raspberry smoothie!" After setting our drinks down he walked away. Then five minutes later walked back and asked if we needed anything. Ummm... I didn't realize until then that we might need something five minutes after finally getting our drinks. Wow... Winner.

Those were just the really memorable things. There was a LOT more going on.. Such as people in loin cloths running around, mumbling things randomly...

Needless to say, I don't think we will be going back anytime soon. There is a reason I never went back after the first time I went (ten-ish years ago)

No comments: