Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Since I have been pregnant everything has gotten harder. Including cooking for my family. So I thought I'd share a super easy and super yummy recipe that my sister in law gave me a while back. This has become a favorite in my home. Even more now that I'm carrying baby #2.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 Carrots, chopped
1/2 cup Onion
2 Chicken Breasts
1 clove Garlic, pressed
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
2 (14 oz) cans Chicken Broth
1 (14 oz) can Stewed Tomatoes
1 Jalapeno, chopped
1 (4 oz) can Green Chilies (fire roasted are my favorite)
4 tsp snipped fresh Cilantro (optional)
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
1 can Refried Beans
1 cup Corn
4 Limes, sliced
Fritos
Avocado

Heat pan over medium-high heat. Spray with Pam. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, carrots, corn & jalapeno. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in refried beans, tomatoes and chilies. Add broth last. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes (or until carrots are tender)
Put fritos in a bowl, cover with soup and sprinkle with cheese.

Garnish with cilantro, lime and sour cream. (optional)

1 comment:

Lamb said...

This sounds freaking good, but I don't want to make. Make it for me?