Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Phase I




As some of you may or may not know we have been trying to get pregnant for about a year and a half now. So far no luck. A few months ago I saw a doctor (for something totally unrelated to babies) whom I haven't seen before and he suggested that since I already have one child that I go see a fertility doc just to see what they have to say. He said that I may not have to go through the extremes that most people do to get pregnant.  Since I have had fertility on my mind for months I decided to give it a try. I made an appointment.



The appointment went well. I had blood drawn etc etc etc. & the midwife put me on a pill that should make me start ovulating regularly. Yes, that means that starting today I have to take my temperature regularly. Blech! I go back in three months to re evaluate. If by then I am still not ovulating regularly I go on a stronger drug.  If I'm lucky I'll get pregnant in the first three months! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Shiv said...

Good luck! Gus and the new baby need another cousin. I hope it all works out for you!

laurie_lu said...

I'm sorry thats no fun!! I went 2 years on no birth control & never got pregnant. We werent "trying" the whole time. But I finally got into a doc and had blood drawn and an ultra sound and I wasn't ovulating and such. We weren't planning on getting prego but it just happened... its no fun & it gets overwhelming from everything they tell you. Hang in there! I was suppose to start a med like what your doc gave you but didnt and was just working out. You should ask if you have PCOS. Thats what I have and my 2 other sisters do too. It's hormone im-balances that cause your cycle to not happen or be off. My doc said its more common than people think, but it can make it hard for people to get pregnant. I hope things work out for you!! Your such a good mommy! :)

Sharifa said...

Lauren,

I do have PCOS. I've been taking stuff for that since before Amir was born. My cycles are crazy and the medication i'm on now will regulate them without preventing pregnancy.

Lamb said...

Good luck! It looks like you are getting lucky tonight;) Go get em tiger!